3rd Grade Experiment

Evan's Hypothesis: A salt solution under a heat lamp will create a lot of salt crystals, a salt solution in my cold garage will create none, and a salt solution in my room will create just a little bit. This is because there will be more evaporation when there is more heat, and when more water evaporates more salt is crystallized.

Results: I measured .85 oz salt crystal formation in the glass under the heat lamp, .50 oz in my bedroom, and .50 oz in my cold garage. 5.05 oz of water evaporated in the heat lamp cup, 2.55 oz in the garage cup, and 2.60 oz in the bedroom cup.

Conclusions: In my hypothesis I thought there would be more of a difference between the heat in my room and the garage, but there was almost the same heat in my room and the garage. They had the same amount of crystallized salt, but the evaporation was different. The heat lamp cup had a lot of salt and a lot of evaporation.

Newer Post Older Post Home